VaprThrm® fabrics outperform all other insulations in two ways: by blocking evaporative heat-loss and by protecting your insulating layer(s) from getting wet with sweat. VaprThrm® creates a comfortable micro-climate next-to-skin to keep you safe and warm, and offers the best protection against frostbite. With VaprThrm® fabrics you can minimize your layers, move faster, and stay better hydrated. VaprThrm® fabrics are lined with an extremely soft, comfortable, rapid-wicking fabric—best suited to be worn next to skin. VaprThrm® will revolutionize how you layer for cold conditions.
VaprThrm® simplifies your layering system.
VaprThrm® is a unique fabric designed for proactive regulation of your body's temperaure. It is
worn close to the skin and allows you to stay in touch with your body's natural response to exertion and temperature change. Because it prevents evaporative heat loss, you can wear fewer layers.
How to use your VaprThrm® products:
- Wear close to your skin
- Do not over-dress
- Ventilate as needed to maintain comfortable body temperature
Benefits of the VaprThrm® system:
- You will need fewer layers so you can easily regulate your body's temperature
- Your insulation layers will remain dry and clean from sweat, problem with body odor is greatly diminished
- VaprThrm® insulation is the best protection against frostbite
- You will sweat less, therefore staying better hydrated
The Core issue.
There are four forms of heat loss; radiant, conductive, convective and evaporative. The body's natural response to overheating is to increase evaporative cooling by perspiring. Logically then, when trying to stay warm, the first step would be to prevent evaporative heat loss. Our formula for temperature regulation is simple.
- If too warm, promote evaporating cooling.
- It too cool, prevent evaporative heat loss.
VaprThrm® was designed to prevent evaporative heat loss. The foundation of your layering system, VaprThrm™ protects your insulation from perspiration with a vapor barrier layer. This is vital, since perspiration will degrade the efficiency of your insulation. With VaprThrm your insulation is protected from perspiration and, therefore, will keep you warm. Less sophisticated vapor barriers have been used for years for socks and sleeping bag liners, but never before has there been a combination of fabrics to provide the warmth of an insulating fabric with a vapor barrier and a soft, comfortable, wicking lining.
- Prevents degradation of insulation due to cumulative build-up of perspiration
- Blocks evaporative heat loss
- Keeps insulation dry and clean
- Adds up to fifteen degrees of warmth
- Helps prevent dry cracked skin
- Best protection against frostbite